A. Social Function
To amuse or entertain the reader with actual or vicarious experience in different ways.
B. Generic Structure
- Orientation : seas the scene and introduces the participants.
- Complication : a crisis arises
- Resolution : the crisis is resolved, for better or for worse
- coda (optional)
C. Features of A Narrative
Construction a narrative
The steps for constructing a narrative text are :
- an orientation (can be paragraph, a picture or opening chapter) in which the narrator tells the audience about who in the story, when the story is taking place and where the action is happening.
- a complication that sets off a chain of events that influence what will happen in the story.
- a sequence of events where the characters react in the complication.
- a resolution in which the characters finally sort out the complication.
- a coda that provides a comment or moral based on what has been learned from the story (an optional step)
D. Penjelasan Tentang Teks Narrative
1. Ciri Umum:
a. Tujuan Komunikatif Teks:
Menghibur pendengar atau pembaca (yang bertalian dengan pengalaman nyata, khayal atau peristiwa pelik yang mengarah ke suatu krisis, yang pada akhirnya menemukan suatu penyelesaian).
b. Struktur Teks
- Pengenalan tokoh, waktu dan tempat
- Pengembangan konflik
- Penyelesaian konflik
- Koda : perubahan yang terjadi pada tokoh dan pelajaran yang dapat dipetik dari cerita.
c. Ciri Kebahasaan
- Nouns tertentu sebagai kata ganti orang, hewan dan benda tertentu dalam cerita, misalnya, housework, stepbrothers, dll.
- Time connectives dan conjunction untuk mengurutkan kejadian-kejadian, misalnya then, before that, soon, dll.
- action verbs dalam past tense. Contoh stayed, climbed, dll
2. Contoh dan Struktur Teks
Long time ago on the top of Mount Kinabalu in Borneo, there lived a dragon. He owned a large and beautiful pearl. People believed that he controlled the weather with it.
The emperor of China heard this and wanted the pearl. He sent his two sons. Wee Ping and Wee San to Borneo to steal it. The princes, together with one hundred soldiers, set sail for Borneo in twelve sailing junks.
When they arrived in Borneo they set out immediately to find the famous mountain. Their journey up the rugged stones of Mount Kinabalu proved very difficult. The dragon guarded his cave very fiercely and killed many of their soldiers.
Then Wee San Had a clever idea. He climbed a tall tree, so he could see the dragon's cave. He noted what time the dragon left his cave to hunt for food and what time he returned to it.
Next he ordered his men to make a fake pearl and a large kite. He waited until the dragon left his cave. Then he placed the fake pearl in a bag, slung it across his shoulder and flew up to the mountain top on the kite. He exchanged the real pearl in a bag, slung it across his shoulder and flew up to the mountain-top on the kite. He exchanged the real pearl for fake one and then his brother pulled his kite back to the ground.
The brothers quickly returned to their ships and set sail for China. They sailed safely home. The emperor was thrilled with the pearl and gave a big party to celebrate his sons return.
Itulah Penjelasan Dan Contoh Narrative Text. Mohon maaf bila ada kesalahan dalam penulisan. Semoga bermanfaat.